Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Asus MX279H IPS monitor Best Calibration Settings!

These are the best calibration settings for my Asus MX279H monitor using the online calibration at http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/.
This does not guarantee it'll be the same for your MX279- this is just to be used as a general guide.

Contrast- 98
Sharpness- 30
Gamma cannot be adjusted in-monitor.

Following settings are according to User choice-
Saturation- 35 (my ideal color level for my monitor)
Color Temp- Normal
Skin Tone- Natural
Trace Free- 0 (setting this anything above actually increases lag and trace)


9 comments:

  1. What's your brightness and splendid mode you use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brightness I set to 90.
      I use Theater for movies and Blu Ray,
      an sRGB for Graphics work and games and browsing, sometimes Standard mode for games as well.

      Delete
  2. Awesome, many thanks helped me a lot. That trace free option was making me think that my screen was broken or something setting that one to 0 solved the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the settings. I'm using these in standard mode but the saturation and sharpness settings are grayed out. Any ideas? I tried using the sRGB mode instead but that grays out all settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some modes have settings that are not allowed to be changed and hence grayed out. sRGB does not allow ANY setting changes as that is factory calibrated for the best sRGB reproduction.

      I think Standard and Theater and Game modes allow all settings to be changed. Not sure, I don't have the monitor anymore- sold it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I had it set to Off. It just keeps dynamically increasing and decreasing contrast and is a nuisance.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, this one helped me too! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete