Thursday, June 9, 2016

Why I stopped using dedicated Internet Security software!

I have always used dedicated software for Internet Security, mostly from Kaspersky. But after Windows 10 I decided that the built in Defender is more than enough. Combined with the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and its cousin Anti-Exploit and I have maximum all around protection for my PC!

Plus- and this is the best thing- I avoid all the nagging offers and pop-ups to upgrade, try out the new stuff,  or renew the license (which is a fuckin nuisance!)

So Windows Defender is all I need. And it works! Recent viruses that hitched a ride with some torrent files were picked up and deleted fast and easy with just a single task bar pop-up message informing me of the diffused threat. What more do you need?


No comments:

Post a Comment