Wednesday, November 2, 2016

First time using Shipito freight forwading service to buy an iPhone- daily progress update!


http://www.shipito.com/?id_affiliate=5562
Hey people- I am making this account of my first ever experience with a freight forwarder to acquire a fairly valuable piece of electronics- an iPhone SE 64GB from shipito.com.

I decided to buy an iphone from eBay from a seller that does not do international shipping as those are where the best deals can be found. I got this brand new phone from a trusted seller for $392 shipped to Shipito's Hawthorne California warehouse. Once it reaches there I am expecting a further $16-20 for shipping and handling straight to Sri Lanka using the cheapest shipping option which is Airmail.

So altogether with any luck this would come to a max expenditure on my end of  $415-420.
Now if I bought this phone locally I would have to pay around $550. So I am getting a pretty good deal and also avoid giving my hard earned cash to the local Muslim phone shops. (Only good Muslim is a dead Muslim.)

So as of today (Nov 2, 2016) tracking shows parcel is close to its Shipito warehouse in Cali. Once there Shipito are supposed to send me an email informing me of its arrival. Lets hope everything goes according to plan and USPS delivers it and not take it back saying that they need an actual signature from me or something. :(

Update (Nov 3, 2016)-
OK shipito sent me a prompt email informing me of the package arrival. The Airmail option was not available (maybe because of the Lithium Ion battery in the device?) so had to choose USPS First Class Parcel which cost me $39. Also after i paid the deposit for that amount Shipito asked me to verify the card by making a small debit from my card. Finally after verification everything's good to go. It will be shipped out today as soon as business starts in the US.

I had to fill in the Customs form myself so I put it in as a Computer Flash Drive/Powerbank and set the value as $35 and as a Gift. Lets hope local Customs in Sri Lanka fall for that and send it direct to my home.

Update (Nov 4, 2016)-

Package has been shipped to Sri Lanka via USPS First Class Mail as requested. Total cost only $39!
Now gotta hope it doesn't get caught by Customs. :P

Update (Nov 16, 2016)-


So Phone arrived not a single problem- came straight to the house- no Tax no nuttin- very happy.
Shipito is awesome.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for valuable information bro..

    ReplyDelete
  2. shipito asked me to verify the card by making a small debit from my card...pls explain this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah u need to deposit a small amount into ur shipito account to verify your payment- it'll be available in ur shipito page. You can use it for shipment payment or u can even withdraw back to your card.

      Delete